Effective Date: February, 2022
(b) Intended Audience. This Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. If you have not reached the age of 16, do not use or provide any information on or through this Site.
2. Information We Collect. Capture collects personal information and non-personal information.
(a) “Non-personal Information” is any information that does not identify you individually or does not permit a direct association with an individual. Non-personal Information may include information derived from Personal Information that has been de-personalized by removing unique identifiers and/or combining it with information about other users to form aggregated data.
(b) “Personal Information” is information that is reasonably capable of being associated or could be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. Capture collects some information that is about you individually, but does not identify you, and collects information about your internet connection, your device used to access the Site, and your use of the Site. If Capture combines that information with personal information, it will treat it as personal information.
(c) Examples of information Capture collects include:
(i) Information you submit through the Site when you register for a webinar, subscribe to Capture, sign up to receive email communications, or contact our Talent Manager, including your name, company name, mailing address, phone number, email address, title, and department;
(ii) Information we obtain when you download an eBook, guide or other material from our Site, including your name, email address, institution, title, and department;
(iii) Information we obtain from a third party, such as a third party site, vendor, service provider, analytics partner, marketing or remarketing partner, or other platform provider;
(iv) Location information, including location information provided by a mobile device or other device as you navigate the Site;
(v) Information you provide when you submit a job application through the Site or through the hosted platform managed by our job application support vendor through our career page;
(vi) Information about your use of the Site, such as browser used, pages visited, links clicked, form submission, downloads, and other information about your interaction and duration of engagement with the Site;
(vii) Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit the Site or interact with communications from our Site.
3. How We Collect. Capture collects information from and about you directly when you provide such information to Capture and automatically collects information when you use the Site.
(a) Information You Provide. Capture collects information you provide when you make inquiries using the “contact us” form, contact our Talent Manager, make a media request, or sign up to receive communications. The information collected may include anything submitted by you to the Site and may include copies of the correspondence. If you voluntarily provide your Personal Information to us, we collect it. You choose whether to submit Personal Information when requested, but you may not be able to use the Site or conduct certain transactions without doing so.
(b) Information Collected Automatically. When you visit or otherwise use the Site, Capture collects details about your access and use of the Site automatically through cookies, pixels, tags, and other similar technology, including details about your device, internet connection, operating system, browser type, browsing actions, and the resources that you access and use on the Site, other traffic data, and, location data. The information Capture collects automatically may include personal information or Capture may associate it with personal information it collects in other ways or receives from third parties. If Capture associates such data with personal information, Capture will treat it as personal information, but if such data is not associated with other personal information, Capture will treat it as non-personal information. Capture uses tracking technologies to optimize campaigns, retarget website visitors, and to learn more about its website visitors.
(b) “Pixels” and “web beacons” are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that assist in delivering cookies and measuring statistics. Pixels help Capture determine whether a page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. Capture may also use pixels in email messages to determine what the recipient has done with the message. Although you cannot decline to receive pixels when visiting a web page, you can choose not to receive them by email if you disable HTML images or refuse HTML email messages.
5. How We Use. Capture uses information that you provide and/or that Capture collects to present the Site to you, improve the Site, deliver a more personalized service to you, to provide you with information, products, solutions, and/or to provide you with information on services that you request from Capture, to market Capture’s products, solutions, and services to you, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such information, to provide you with other information you requested, in any other way Capture may describe when you provide the information, and for any other purpose with your consent. The way Capture uses such information is described in more detail in the chart below. Capture may aggregate the information you provide or that Capture collects from you with information collected from other users to allow Capture to evaluate its products, solutions, and services. Capture may use the information it collects to contact you about Capture’s products, solutions, and services that may interest you; and, if required by law, we will obtain your approval to do so. If you do not want Capture to use your information this way, please see Section 7 below.
|WHY CAPTURE PROCESSES YOUR INFORMATION||LEGAL BASIS FOR THE PROCESSING PURPOSE|
To respond to your request or to fulfill the purpose for which you provide the information.
|To personalize and improve your experience with the Site||
|To ensure technical functionality and proper operation of the Site||
|To improve our products, solutions, and services and develop new products, solutions, and services.||
|To communicate with you for product, solution, or services-related purposes, such as regarding support issues and customer service inquiries||
|To communicate with you, for the following purposes: to respond to a request, job application, for marketing, remarketing, research, or other promotional purposes, via email, notifications or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us.||
|To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights||
|In any other way described when the information is collected||
6. To Whom We Disclose.
(b) Disclosure for Third Party Direct Marketing. If you provide Capture your information in connection with a joint event or joint webinar co-hosted with another entity, Capture shares the information it receives or collects from you with its co-host and their use of such information will be governed by the co-host’s privacy notice, and may include the co-host’s use for their direct marketing purposes (to market their own goods or services directly to you). Capture will not share your personal information with other third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
7. Your Choices. You have some choices about how personal information you provide to us or that we collect is used.
(a) Do Not Track. The Site does not respond to web browser Do Not Track (DNT) signals.
(c) Updating Information. You may contact Capture at the contact information set forth below to request access to, correct, or delete certain personal information that you have provided to Capture. Capture may not accommodate a request to change information if Capture believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
(d) Promotional Emails. You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” option in a promotional email that you receive. Or contact us by clicking here or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. For Residents of EEA. If you reside in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”), the following provisions apply to you:
(a) Access. You may request access to your personal information and the following information regarding our use of it:
(i) purpose of the use,
(ii) categories of personal information used, and
(iii) to whom we have disclosed your personal information.
(b) Correction. You may request that Capture correct any inaccurate personal information we have.
(c) Right to Be Forgotten. You may request that Capture erase your personal information when Capture no longer needs such data.
(d) Withdraw Consent. If Capture’s ability to use your personal information depends on consent you have given, you may withdraw such consent.
(e) Restriction. You may request that Capture restrict (or suspend) use of your personal information.
(f) Object. You may object to Capture’s use of your personal information to perform services you have not requested.
(g) Copies and Portability. You may request copies of your personal information that Capture possesses in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format and you may request that this be transmitted to another controller.
(h) Complaint. You may lodge a complaint with the supervising authority of your country.
10. Data Retention and Security.
(a) Data Retention. Capture may store your personal information as long as you use Capture’s products, solutions, and services in order to provide you with such products, solutions, and services and for legitimate business purposes. Capture may store your personal information to the extent required to comply with Capture’s legal, accounting, and/or reporting requirements and to provide information about Capture’s products, solutions, or services that you may request. Additionally, Capture will store your personal information contained in standard backups for so long as we maintain such backups. Upon your request, Capture will delete or de-identify your personal information, unless Capture is legally required or permitted to maintain such personal information.
(b) Data Security. Capture has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Capture cannot guarantee the security of your personal information, including information transmitted to or through the Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Capture is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained in the Site.
12. Third Party Marketing. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Site who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact Capture at the contact information set forth in Section 16 below.
13. Nevada Residents. Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing Capture not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about them. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to exercise this right, you may contact us by email at email@example.com or by phone at +1 (502) 585 9033
14. Nevada Residents. Under Nevada law, Nevada residents may submit a request directing Capture not to make certain disclosures of personal information we maintain about them. If you are a Nevada resident and wish to exercise this right, you may contact us by email at Marketing@CaptureHigherEd.com or by phone at (502) 585-9033.