Once again, Capture Higher Ed soared through the blogosphere in 2018, keeping up with everything from the nuances of communicating with Gen Z to the increasing role of artificial intelligence in our daily lives. There were mind-blowing facts, helpful hints, creative insights, expert analysis and … well, memes. (You’ve got to have memes.)
According to Google Analytics, the following were the top undergrad blogs Capture posted last year.
- 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Big Data and Analytics – These “Tweetable” mind blowers might be a little dated, but they are definitely worth checking out if you are trying to get a grip on the “enormity and importance” of analytics.
- Gender Marketing: How Men and Women Receive Messages Differently – In her book, Gender, Design and Marketing: How Gender Drives our Perception of Design and Marketing, Gloria Moss offers some critical information on how differences in gender affect how companies reach out to potential customers.
- Can Artificial Intelligence Automate College Admissions? – To answer the title question: Yes! Existing AI technology is already driving marketing automation and CRM platforms, allowing direct mails and emails to be created and delivered to optimize effectiveness and to help automate college admissions.
- How the Digital Age Killed the Enrollment Funnel – Despite a century of innovation and decades of psychological and consumer behavior research, the field of enrollment management has been fixated on how to direct the student’s decision journey rather than really trying to understand it. The fact that 9 out of 10 search-bought students will never inquire with the purchasing college seems to be viewed as acceptable loss. We need a new model.
- Designing for Generation Z: Captivate Today’s Tech-Savvy Teens – Because Generation Z is so different than previous generations, nearly every industry, especially higher education, is wrestling with how to connect with them. How do you design for and break through to these high-tech trained teens?
- When X = College Admissions: AI and The Inevitable – The AI in college admissions can be entirely responsive: Do you need information about financial aid? Then you’ll receive an email within minutes with all the help you need. Or a text. Or a personalized postcard to come meet with financial aid personnel. The use of AI in college admissions is inevitable. It’s only a question of who gets on board at the outset.
- Higher Ed Video Marketing: Reach Your Future Students on YouTube – Did you know YouTube is the second-largest search engine? If you’re not leveraging higher ed video marketing to attract and retain your prospective student base, then it’s high time to do so.
- Communicating with Generation Z: A ‘How To’ for Universities – Communicating with Generation Z students isn’t as hard as it seems. The implementation of strategy through various channels provides a range of creative opportunities to reach this diverse group of people.